Who says you have to cross the Atlantic to dive into European culture? Croissant-scented cobblestone avenues are much closer than you think. Follow your nose to the cafe-lined promenades of Quebec City, your ears to the music-filled streets of Montreal, and your eyes to the sweeping views of the Gaspe Peninsula on this eleven-day tour of French Canada. Along the way, say bonjour to tiny fishing villages, giant beluga whales, and the grandest of views as you cruise around the imposing Perce Rock and the sensational Saguenay Fjord. From the banks of the St. Lawrence River to the cliffs of the gulf, your taste of the Old World awaits. Sip strawberry wine made from the fields by the sea, savor a 'Taste the Gardens' lunch at the famous Les Jardins de Metis, and visit a family-owned fromagerie in the rolling-hill region of Charlevoix. On this flavorful vacation to French Canada, you'll say 'cheese' in more ways than one. Wake up to the charming boats, buildings, and four-kilometer boardwalk in Novia Scotia's capital after catching your Zzzs on the overnight Ocean Train from Montreal. A visit to Peggy's Cove and its iconic lighthouse is another dream come true on this extension to your French Canadian vacation.
Call (303) 894-9505 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14992862
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Montreal||Welcome to Montreal! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Montreal||MONTREAL Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes Notre Dame Basilica, the Old Seminary of St. Sulpice, and a drive to the top of Mount Royal. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Montreal with a walk in the Old Montreal district on the Saint Lawrence River. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 3||Rimouski||MONTREAL Scenic drive along the St. Lawrence River through quaint villages en route to Rimouski. RIMOUSKI Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 4||CARLETON-SUR-MER||RIMOUSKI Scenic drive on the Gaspe Peninsula and along the St. Lawrence River to Pointe-au-Pere Maritime Historic Site. Continue through the Matapedia Valley to Chaleur Bay and Miguasha National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). MIGUASHA NATIONAL PARK Tour with Local Guide. CARLETON-SUR-MER Free time this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Perce||CARLETON-SUR-MER Free time this morning. Scenic drive along the Gaspe Peninsula to visit Ferme Bourdages Tradition Farm for a strawberry wine and liqueur tasting. A visit to the Banc-de-Peche-de-Paspebiac National Historic Site includes Gaspesie fishing history, shipbuilding, net-mending demonstrations, and a traditional village lunch.PERCE Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Perce||PERCE Scenic cruise with a Local Naturalist includes Perce Rock and Bonaventure Island National Parks. Dinner at a local restaurant this evening. BONAVENTURE ISLAND NATIONAL PARK Visit the Northern Gannet colony of Perce National Park. (B,D)|
|Day 7||MATANE||PERCE Visit to Gespeg Micmac Interpretation Site includes introduction to the Mi'gmaq (First Nations people). Visit to Forillon National Park includes scenic drive to Cap-des-Rosiers lighthouse, followed by lunch at a local restaurant in the Grand Vallee area. Scenic drive to Matane. MATANE Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Quebec City||MATANE Visit to Les Jardins De Metis includes a [LF] Taste the Gardens lunch at the historic Estevan Lodge. QUEBEC CITY Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 9||Quebec City||QUEBEC CITY Scenic drive along the St. Lawrence River to Saguenay Fjord. SAGUENAY FJORD [LF] Whale-watching cruise with a Naturalist Guide in Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park. Scenic drive to the Charlevoix region.CHARLEVOIX REGION Visit a family-owned [LF] fromagerie (cheese factory) for a presentation and cheese tasting. (B)|
|Day 10||Quebec City||QUEBEC CITY Sightseeing in Old Quebec with a Local Guide includes the Place d'Armes, the Laval Seminary, the Citadelle de Quebec, the Place Royale, Lower Town, and Plains of Abraham. Farewell dinner this evening is on the Ile D'Orleans. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Montreal||QUEBEC CITY Morning drive to Montreal.MONTREAL Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 12||Montreal||MONTREAL Free time this morning.VIA RAIL'S THE OCEAN Scenic overnight train ride along the St. Lawrence River en route to Halifax. Accommodations on the train are in private Sleeper Plus service. (B,D)|
|Day 13||Halifax||VIA RAIL'S THE OCEAN Scenic train ride through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to Halifax. HALIFAX Free time this afternoon and evening. Your Globus Local Host will be available to provide suggestions on how to spend your free time. (B,L)|
|Day 14||Halifax||PEGGY'S COVE Guided sightseeing and free time. Return to Halifax.HALIFAX Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 15||Halifax||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).