What do you want from your Italy tour-amazing architecture, sumptuous food, delicious wine, breathtaking art, historical treasures, and scenic beauty? Whatever it is, this Italy vacation offers it to you! You've seen photos of the Vatican and St. Peter's Square-now's your chance to stand in this square, where people gather to hear the Pope. You've heard about gladiator contests in ancient Rome-now's your opportunity to visit the Colosseum, where the contests took place. You know the most popular saint in Italy, St. Francis-now you get to visit his basilica, built over his tomb. You've seen photos of Michelangelo's famous David-now you can to see it yourself. You've heard of the famous Venetian glass-now watch a skilled glassblower fashion it in an age-old, traditional manner. You've seen photos of the Leaning Tower of Pisa-now's your chance to take a photo of yourself pushing back at it. And you may have heard about the world-famous Palio in Siena-now you will visit the Piazza del Campo where it is held. And a unique guided visit to the Papal Palace and Barberini Gardens in Castel Gandolfo has been included as well.But that's not all on this Italy tour, panoramic rides between cities will show you some of the country's most beautiful scenery: the flat Po area, the wooded Apennine mountain range, and Tuscany's Chianti wine country, with its vine- and olive-clad hills. Plus, Globus has arranged special experiences to give you a true local perspective, such as a dinner and overnight at a historic 17th-century hotel in San Martino in Campo, welcome and farewell dinners at local restaurants in Rome, and a taste of panforte and ricciarelli (local specialties) in Siena. These are just a few of the many highlights offered on this tour through Italy's great cities. It's the vacation of a lifetime!
Call (303) 894-9505 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133429
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Rome's lively restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||San Martino in Campo||Start with a guided visit to the amazing COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. Continue to the ROMAN FORUM, where Roman Legions marched in triumph, and walk through the ruins of important government buildings from Roman times. Leave the ?Eternal City? and enter Umbria, for [LF] dinner and overnight in San Martino in Campo. Explore the botanical park and gardens of your hotel which dates back to the 17th century.Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Venice Island||Arrive in peaceful Assisi and visit ST. FRANCIS' BASILICA, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humanity, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God's creatures. Next is Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe.Today's Distance: 280 mi / 450 km (B)|
|Day 4||Venice Island||Take a PRIVATE BOAT and meet your Local Guide for a walking tour featuring visits to ST. MARK'S SQUARE and its Byzantine BASILICA, and lavish DOGES' PALACE with the famous BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Afterward, enjoy Venice at your own pace or join an optional cruise to the charming island of Burano. (B)|
|Day 5||Florence||Drive through the Apennine Mountains to Pisa and marvel at the Leaning Tower on your way to Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' Tonight is your chance to try out local specialties on an optional dinner outing to a fine Tuscan restaurant.Today's Distance: 280 mi / 450 km (B)|
|Day 6||Florence||Meet your Local Guide, and visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Afterward, time to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. (B)|
|Day 7||Rome||Enter the impressive walls that surround the city of Siena for an orientation walk through ancient, narrow lanes to PIAZZA DEL CAMPO. See the square where the biannual Palio, Siena's spectacular medievalstyle horse race, is held and [LF] taste traditional panforte and ricciarelli (local specialties). Return to the 'Eternal City.'Today's Distance: 199 mi / 320 km (B)|
|Day 8||Rome||Look forward to a unique experience: enjoy a guided visit of the impressive PAPAL PALACE in Castel Gandolfo, former summer residence of the popes and, since 2016, a museum that is open to the public. Also visit the magnificent BARBERINI GARDENS, where ruins of the residence of Roman Emperor Domitian are still visible. Then, return to Rome, and visit the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment. Visit monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta with a Local Guide. This evening, a farewell dinner at a local restaurant is the proper way to say arrivederci Roma.Today's Distance: 50 mi / 80 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $590-$670Triple room reduction per person:$40Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).