Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2021
The playgrounds of the rich and famous line up for an in-depth discovery on this popular French Riviera trip. Live the high life with unforgettable visits to Nice, Antibes and Monaco. You'll also spend time with the owners of an agriturismo and sample their olive oil.
- Explore Nice with a Local Specialist
- Discover Dolceaqua, Rocchetta Nervina and Monaco
- Visit Place Massena in Nice, a French perfumery in Eze, the Palace and Cathedral in Monaco and the market in Antibes
- View the Bay of Angels and La Turbie
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (303) 894-9505 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15149341
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nice||Welcome to Nice: Stretch your legs on sun-kissed Mediterranean shores, strolling in the footsteps of generations of English aristocrats who once chose Nice to be their holiday retreat. On arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel and will have the day to embark on your own exploration of Nice, before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.?|
|Day 2||Nice||Explore Elegant Nice: Delve into the Italian heritage of Nice's elegant Old Town when you join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that will take you to the heart of the city, Place Massena. You'll see the Promenade des Anglais along which the who's who of Europe once relished beautiful seaside views. Then, see the Bay of Angels, apparently named for the mythical angels who are said to have shown Adam and Eve a new home as lush and beautiful as the Eden they could no longer enter. Your afternoon is free to explore the city your way. Resist the urge to hit the beach and consider an Optional Experience to the medieval hilltop town of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, a favourite haunt of the rich and famous.|
|Day 3||A Day in Italy||A Day in Italy: Begin your day in the hilltop village of Dolceaqua with its 12th-century castle. Tread in the footsteps of Claude Monet, walking across the picturesque bridge depicted in several of his paintings. Continue with a visit to an Italian agriturismo in Rocchetta Nervina. Dive Into Culture and savour the flavours of taggiasche olives grown on-site during an olive oil tasting.|
|Day 4||Nice||Nice Your Way: After a few days of sightseeing you may be tempted to spend your full free day sprawled on a sun-lounger with a cocktail but, if you can pull yourself away from the pool, consider a full-day Optional Experience to St. Tropez and Cannes. You'll embark on a drive along the scenic coast to Sainte-Maxime and board a boat to St. Tropez where you'll have some free time for lunch and your own exploration. Returning to Nice, you'll stop in Cannes, and view the Palais des Festivals, home of the annual film festival. Tonight, enjoy a free evening strolling through the elegant streets of Nice in search of a rich Ratatouille, for which the town is justifiably famous.|
|Day 5||French Riviera and Monaco||Discover the French Riviera and Monaco: Follow the scenic Moyenne Corniche, bound for the Principality of Monaco. You'll Dive Into Culture and stop at Fragonard Parfumerie, which has been crafting delicate French scents since the 1920s. A stop in medieval Eze delivers panoramic views of the sparkling Cote d'Azur, before you continue to La Turbie for a remarkable photo opportunity of Monaco. See the remnants of Roman rule before following the winding road down to the coast and the glamour of Monaco. Here you'll visit the Roman-Byzantine Monaco Cathedral and the Prince's Palace, a 12th-century Genoese fortress and the official residence of the ruling Grimaldi Prince of Monaco. Experience lifestyles of the rich and famous at a dinner in Monaco-Ville before we embark on a scenic drive to Monte Carlo, to see the Grand Casino and parts of the Monaco Grand Prix race track.|
|Day 6||Markets, Mega-Yachts and More in Antibes||Markets, Mega-Yachts and More in Antibes: Follow the Mediterranean coastline south to Antibes, once the haunt of Pablo Picasso. Join your Travel Director for an orientation tour before exploring the bustling market squares. Alternatively, head down to the harbour to admire the many private yachts moored there. Later, you'll enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest experience as you Connect With Locals over a hearty lunch.|
|Day 7||Enjoy Nice||Enjoy Nice: Get your final fix of Nice on this full free day to explore the city on your own. Explore the legacy of great artists like Matisse and Chagall, spend the morning sunbathing or consider an Optional Experience to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, an elegant seaside villa surrounded by beautiful gardens. Return to Nice in time for an afternoon at leisure. This evening, you'll join your new friends for a rousing Farewell Dinner as you toast to good times, good friends and some French joie de vivre.|
|Day 8||Nice||Farewell Nice: Say a fond farewell to your travel companions at the end of our time on the Riviera. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Bastille Day is a national holiday in France. Celebrations will be taking place throughout the country on 14 July.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class